CAMAU BACH, NEWID MAWR (SMALL STEPS, BIG CHANGE)
FFIT CYMRU’S PRIMARY SCHOOL CAMPAIGN, 2019
Would you like to see a difference in your children’s behaviour?
One out of every four children aged 4-5 in Wales is obese – this is a higher percentage than any region of England. We know that 80% of those obese children will remain obese.
Overweight children develop diseases and conditions which are normally connected with adults, for example Type-2 Diabetes.
In association with Public Health Wales’ ‘Healthy Schools’ plan, we hope that FFIT Cymru’s 2019 campaign will help bring those figures down through co-operation with primary schools by sharing information about living a healthy life. Small steps can make a bigdifference in the long term.
According to the Government report, ‘Healthy weight: healthy Wales, every child should have more support in the early years and 88% of the public agreed that schools should do more to teach children about healthy lifestyles. Our campaign aims to support this statement.
During the series, we encourage pupils in the early years of school to develop healthy habits. The long term aim is that schools will continue with the FFIT Cymru activities.
If you want to take part, why not join in some of our activities?
- Encourage the Daily Mile campaign;
- Simple healthy cooking lesson
- Suggest ideas for a healthy lunchbox
- Create a shop in school selling fruit.
- Encourage children to drink more water
- Regular simple exercises at the same time each day.
- Educate pupils about healthy weight
- A regular time for physical exercise
- Encourage cycling or walking o school
- Ask pupils for their own healthy lifestyle ideas
Play and Screen Tracker (PDF)